Become an affiliate or certified volunteer with Araminta by completing our AEM Volunteer Training Course and help us fulfill our mission: To awaken, equip, and mobilize the Church and community in Maryland to end human trafficking through education, prevention strategies, and restorative survivor services.
We have multiple dates and locations for training this summer and fall. Please scroll through the entire page before submitting your registration.
PART 1 — AWAKEN: Introduction to Human Trafficking
Join us for part 1 of a 3-part series designed to AWAKEN individuals to the reality of child sex trafficking in Maryland. Participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of Human Trafficking/Domestic Child Sex Trafficking
- Understand the mission of Araminta Freedom Initiative
- Be challenged and encouraged to participate in our community based response to the injustice
- Choose to become an affiliate volunteer or complete parts 2&3 to become a certified volunteer
Advance registration is helpful, but not required for the AWAKEN portion.
Thursday, October 4th
6:30 – 8:30 pm (check-in from 6 pm)
Cornerstone Community Church
2907 Mountain Road, Joppa, MD 21085
PARTS 2 & 3 — Certified Volunteer Training
During parts 2 & 3, participants will be EQUIPPED with a deeper understanding of the complexities of trafficking and those involved, and further MOBILIZED through many different Araminta engagement opportunities.
October 13, 2018
Location and times TBA
*If you have not yet completed an AWAKEN event, please register for one first before registering for Parts 2 & 3
Registration for Parts 2 & 3 will be available soon! Keep an eye on this page.
*Part 1 is open to the public. Please continue reading below for more details.
**A background check is required prior to attendance at Parts 2 & 3.
Attendance at an AWAKEN: Introduction to Human Trafficking event and completion of a background check qualifies you to serve as an affiliate volunteer with Araminta in these capacities:
- Join our general prayer email list and participate in our monthly prayer meeting
- Collect and deliver tangible needs items and/or drop off meals for survivors of human trafficking
- Serve in support roles with our Certified Volunteers at Araminta events
- Host an awareness evening in your home to invite friends to join you in supporting Araminta’s mission
To become a certified volunteer, you must complete our AEM Condensed Training (Parts 2 & 3) and a background check. To connect you with the most appropriate volunteer opportunities, you also will have a one-to-one conversation with a member of our staff, board or leadership. Certified volunteers are equipped to serve in the following extended capacities:
- Serve on any of our Araminta volunteer teams (Prayer, Church Engagement, Community Education & Awareness, and more), with potential of holding leadership positions
- Work with survivors of human trafficking through our mentoring, advocate, or navigator programs (additional training and interviews required), involvement at drop-in center, helping with mentor/mentee outings, etc.
- Represent Araminta as a Certified Presenter (extra training required)
- Represent Araminta at events that awaken and educate our community to human trafficking and ways individuals can engage
Must be at least 15 to participate. Those under 18 must complete a parental permission form and attend with an adult approved by their parent/guardian.
Awaken: Introduction to Human Trafficking events are open to the public. Please bring a photo ID for check-in.
Volunteer training is free of charge, though some may wish to help Araminta defray costs and pay for the background check fee directly.
If you have questions about the nature, content, or structure of the trainings, please email email@example.com for additional details.