REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR NEXT TRAININGS:
August 27, 2016 | Grace Fellowship Church
Condensed Certified Volunteer Training
Due to our particular need for mentors, we are adding a condensed training.
All those interested in becoming Certified Volunteers are welcome to attend, while recognizing that some opportunities for engagement outside of mentorship may be delayed until the fall.
September 22, 2016 | Chapelgate Church (Marriotsville)
AWAKEN: Introduction to Human Trafficking and Call to Action
September 22, Oct 6 & 13, 2016 | Chapelgate Church (Marriotsville)
Certified Volunteer Training
As a Certified Araminta Volunteer you will complete our AEM (Awaken, Equip, and Mobilize) Certified Volunteer Training. Certified Volunteers will be equipped to serve in the following capacities:
- Serve on any of our Araminta teams, with potential of holding leadership positions (Church Engagement, Training, Survivor Services, etc.)
- Work with survivors of human trafficking through our mentoring program (additional interview and training required), involvement at drop-in centers, helping with mentor/mentee outings, etc.
- Represent Araminta as a certified presenter (additional training required)
- Represent Araminta at events that awaken and educate our community to human trafficking and ways individuals can engage
As a General Volunteer you will be required to attend our AWAKEN: Introduction to Human Trafficking event in order to have an understanding of human trafficking and Araminta’s strategic efforts to dismantle this great injustice. As a general volunteer, you will be equipped to volunteer in the following capacity:
- Join one of our several prayer teams
- Drop off meals and tangible needs items for survivors of human trafficking
- Serve in support capacities with our certified volunteers at Araminta events
- Host an evening of awakening your community to understand and engage around the issue of human trafficking
- Identify opportunities for and connect with Araminta’s prevention and intervention presentations
Must be at least 15 to participate. Those under 18 must complete a parental permission form and attend with an adult approved by their parent/guardian.
If you have questions about the nature, content, or structure of the trainings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.