REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR NEXT TRAININGS:
March 15, 2016 | New Psalmist Baptist Church
AWAKEN: Introduction to Human Trafficking and Call to Action
March 15, April 5 & 12, 2016 | New Psalmist Baptist Church
Certified Volunteer Training
As a Certified Araminta Volunteer you will complete our AEM (Awaken, Equip, and Mobilize) Certified Volunteer Training. Certified Volunteers will be equipped to serve in the following capacities:
- Serve on any of our Araminta teams, with potential of holding leadership positions (Church Engagement, Training, Survivor Services, etc.)
- Work with survivors of human trafficking through our mentoring program (additional interview and training required), involvement at drop-in centers, helping with mentor/mentee outings, etc.
- Represent Araminta as a certified presenter (additional training required)
- Represent Araminta at events that awaken and educate our community to human trafficking and ways individuals can engage
As a General Volunteer you will be required to attend our AWAKEN: Introduction to Human Trafficking event in order to have an understanding of human trafficking and Araminta’s strategic efforts to dismantle this great injustice. As a general volunteer, you will be equipped to volunteer in the following capacity:
- Join one of our several prayer teams
- Drop off meals and tangible needs items for survivors of human trafficking
- Serve in support capacities with our certified volunteers at Araminta events
- Host an evening of awakening your community to understand and engage around the issue of human trafficking
- Identify opportunities for and connect with Araminta’s prevention and intervention presentations
Must be at least 15 to participate. Those under 18 must complete a parental permission form and attend with an adult approved by their parent/guardian.
If you have questions about the nature, content, or structure of the trainings, please email email@example.com for additional details.