Become a general or certified volunteer with Araminta by completing Awaken, Equip and Mobilize (AEM) Training and help us fulfill our mission: To awaken, equip, and mobilize the Church and community in Maryland to end human trafficking through education, prevention strategies, and restorative survivor services.
STEP 1: Attend AWAKEN: Introduction to Human Trafficking
Join us for part 1 of a 3-part series designed to AWAKEN individuals to the reality of child sex trafficking in Maryland. Participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of Human Trafficking/Domestic Child Sex Trafficking
- Understand the mission of Araminta Freedom Initiative
- Be challenged and encouraged to participate in our community based response to the injustice
- Choose to become a general volunteer or complete parts 2&3 to become a certified volunteer
You may register in advance for one of the following options:
Sunday, February 25, 2018
at Grace Community Church (Fulton)
8200 Old Columbia Rd, Fulton, MD 20759
1:00 – 2:30 pm
(lunch provided for advance registrants)
Friday, March 2, 2018
in Prince George’s County
Location and Time TBA
Thursday, March 15, 2018
Christian Community Church (CCC)
8009 Corporate Dr, Nottingham, MD 21236
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
STEP 2: After AWAKEN, Attend Condensed Training
During parts 2 & 3, participants will be EQUIPPED with a deeper understanding of the complexities of trafficking and those involved, and further MOBILIZED through many different Araminta engagement opportunities.
Registration for Parts 2 & 3 will be open once more details are confirmed. Please register for an Awaken event first and we will confirm next steps with you soon. Thank you!
Saturday, March 3, 2018
Prince George’s County
Location and time TBA
Saturday, April 7, 2018
9 am – 4 pm
Attendance at an AWAKEN: Introduction to Human Trafficking event and completion of a background check qualifies you to serve as a general volunteer with Araminta in these capacities:
- Join our general prayer email list and participate in our monthly prayer meeting
- Collect and deliver tangible needs items and/or drop off meals for survivors of human trafficking
- Serve in support roles with our Certified Volunteers at Araminta events
- Host an awareness evening in your home to invite friends to join you in supporting Araminta’s mission
To become a certified volunteer, you must complete our AEM Condensed Training (Parts 2 & 3) and a background check. To connect you with the most appropriate volunteer opportunities, you also will have a one-to-one conversation with a member of our staff, board or leadership. Certified volunteers are equipped to serve in the following extended capacities:
- Serve on any of our Araminta volunteer teams (Prayer, Church Engagement, Community Education & Awareness, and more), with potential of holding leadership positions
- Work with survivors of human trafficking through our mentoring, advocate, or navigator programs (additional training and interviews required), involvement at drop-in center, helping with mentor/mentee outings, etc.
- Represent Araminta as a Certified Presenter (extra training required)
- Represent Araminta at events that awaken and educate our community to human trafficking and ways individuals can engage
Must be at least 15 to participate. Those under 18 must complete a parental permission form and attend with an adult approved by their parent/guardian.
Awaken: Introduction to Human Trafficking events are open to the public. Please bring a photo ID for check-in.
Volunteer training is free of charge, though some may wish to help Araminta defray costs and pay for the background check fee directly.
If you have questions about the nature, content, or structure of the trainings, please email email@example.com for additional details.